Sunday, December 2, 2012

Open Source Joy

Having spent days trawling all manner of RPi forums, blogs, help sites and such, I have finally managed to get lirc operational on the Raspberry Pi.

Almost all of the sites missed at least one step needed, which led me to become incredibly frustrated - especially when I'm running the 'preferred' RPi distro - Raspbian - which has recently had the LIRC support built into it. My problem turned out to be the firmware. Installing the firmware update tool and running that eventually got me where I needed to be - and the mode2 lirc test program now happily outputs lots of lovely, raw, IR data when I fire my remote into the receiver.

Unfortunately, that's eaten all my available time for this weekend, so it'll be another week before I have a chance to do any more ... at least it's progress, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment